Tencent Tech, 1/04/12
Wu Weining, general manager of China Mobile's (NYSE: CHL; 0941.HK) terminal procurement and sales subsidiary, China Mobile Terminal, has been the subject of an investigation launched by the Jilin Provincial Procuratorate since late November 2011. Zhang Chunjiang, party secretary and deputy general manager of China Mobile, was the target of a corruption probe in December 2009 that led to the investigation of several senior executives and other officials. Below are nine individuals related to China Mobile that have been investigated in the past three years.
• Lin Donghua - Hubei Mobile deputy GM investigated in July 2009 on bribery and corruption charges.
• Zhang Chunjiang - China Mobile party secretary and deputy GM investigated in December 2009 for serious economic crimes.
• Shi Wanzhong - Anhui Mobile GM investigated in early 2010 for accepting bribes.
• Li Xiangdong - GM of Sichuan Mobile's data department investigated in March 2010 for accepting bribes.
• Li Hua - Sichuan Mobile GM investigated in June 2010 for accepting bribes.
• Shen Changfu - Chongqing Mobile GM investigated in October 2010 for accepting bribes.
• Su Jinsheng - MIIT chief engineer investigated in March 2011 for receiving large parcels of real estate from unknown sources.
• Ma Li - Deputy GM of China Mobile's data services investigated in May 2011 for serious infractions.
• Ye Bing - CEO of China Mobile subsidiary ASPire investigated in May 2011 in connection with the Ma Li case.
Editor's Note: For more background on this topic, please see "China Mobile Officially Opens Terminal Procurement Subsidiary" MD 10/28/11 issue.