Shenzhen Stock Exchange, 4/29/14
Provincial cable operator Hunan TV & Broadcast Intermediary (000917.SZ) has issued a press release announcing a partnership with fellow cable operators Guangdong Broadcast & TV Network, Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network, Hebei Broadcasting and Television Information Network, Yunnan Broadcast & TV Information Transmission Network, and Hangzhou-based Wasu Digital TV. Under the cooperation, Hunan TV and the five operators will collaborate on growing the use of next-generation broadcast (NGB) services in China.
The cooperative framework includes the following:
1. Development of cross-platform and cross-device applications under China's network convergence plan;
2. Joint design of an NGB trial platform, research and development of NGB technical standards, and construction of a nation-wide interactive internet TV network according to the NGB strategy outlined by the State Administration of Press and Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT);
3. Joint planning and investment in the construction of bi-directional network infrastructure to allow for content sharing and other future cooperation;
4. Promotion of the integration of technology and systems standards;
5. Joint exploration of business models for content providers and operators, as well as provision of support for the development of video on demand (VOD) and value-added services (VAS) in China.
Keywords: bi-directional television VOD Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network cable TV Hunan TV & Broadcast Intermediary 000917.SZ NGB Yunnan Broadcast & TV Information Transmission Network Guangdong Broadcast & TV Network Hebei Broadcasting and Television Information Network SAPPRFT