Get the free version of Marbridge Daily delivered to your inbox

Click here to subscribe

Rumor: Taxi Hailing Apps Didi Dache, Kuaidi Dache to Announce Merger Details Soon

Tencent Tech, 2/13/15

Numerous sources have told Tencent Tech that the rumored merger of Beijing-based Xiaoju Network Technology and Hangzhou-based Kuaizhi Technology, operators of mobile taxi booking apps Didi Dache and Kuaidi Dache, respectively, will be announced before the Chinese New Year holiday, which begins on February 18.

According to the sources, the companies had originally planned to make an announcement on February 12, although as of now none has been made.

Following the merger, shareholders in Xiaoju will be allocated 52% of the equity in the new company, with the remaining 48% allocated to Kuaizhi shareholders. Sources said that management of the new company will mainly consist of Didi Dache executives, with Didi Dache's founder Cheng Wei taking the role of CEO. The majority of Kuaidi Dache executives will not be retained by the new company.

To date, both parties have denied the rumors.

Editor's Note: For more information on this topic, please see "Rumor: Taxi Hailing Apps Didi Dache, Kuaidi Dache to Merge," MD 2/10/15 issue.

Keywords: wireless Didi Dache Xiaoju Kuaidi Dache Cheng Wei Kuaizhi M&A taxi booking app


Please note, all fields are required.
None of your personal information will be shared with third parties.



The information contained in this newsletter is based upon sources that Marbridge Consulting believes to be reliable, and we have made every effort to translate the original articles or article excerpts as faithfully as possible. However, Marbridge Consulting makes no warranty of and assumes no legal responsibility for the accuracy of either the original source material or the English language translations.

Marbridge Daily Premium

Interested in gaining full access to all newsletter articles and the Marbridge Daily archive? To learn more about premium subscription options, including pricing, please:

Click here

Marbridge Consulting RSS Feed

Marbridge Reports