Chinese Mobile Gaming Industry Matrix - Q1 2018
China's mobile gaming market - including revenues from both single-player and multi-player games - increased approximately 45% YoY to reach roughly RMB 113 billion (USD 16.8 billion) in 2017. In 2017, mobile games adapted from popular IP (e.g. films, novels, PC games, and comics), and acceleration in the uptake of mobile e-sports and virtual reality-based games continued to buoy market growth.
Mobile gaming-related M&A deals in Q1 2018 focused heavily on the domestic market, with at least 30 major domestic mobile gaming M&A or venture financing deals announced during the quarter, and further consolidation of the market. The China market also saw several high-profile IPOs of online video and gaming platform operators during the quarter, as well as major strategic investments in the top gamecasting platforms as they prepare to publicly list. The number of investments in overseas mobile gaming or sector-related firms was more modest than in some quarters past, but included several high-profile deals, such as Tencent's acquisition of a 5% stake in French game developer Ubisoft and investment in Korean messaging giant Kakao's gaming unit.
During the quarter, mobile gaming companies also continued to expand aggressively into other complementary entertainment sectors through the acquisition of stakes in film, TV, animation and comics, marketing, and mobile social networking firms.
To help investors and game industry enterprises identify opportunities among China's sea of mobile game titles, developers, and publishers, Marbridge has developed the Chinese Mobile Gaming Industry Matrix. The Q1 2018 edition of the Matrix provides details, in Excel (read-only) format, on:
Leading Mobile Game Companies (680)
- Listing Status (public, to list, private)
- Location (city in which operator/developer is headquartered)
- Company Homepage URL
- Company Contact Phone Number
- Experience in Overseas Game Publishing (specific examples available for ~6% of companies)
- Games Operated/Developed (with top grossing games highlighted)
Top Mobile Games (1,950)
- Game Environment (Android, iOS, WP)
- Game Type
- Game Dates (expected release, beta test, commercial launch)
- Game Source (self-developed vs. licensed)
- Revenue Model (pay-to-play vs. in-game items)
- Game Operation Statistics (DAU, monthly revenue, cumulative downloads - as available)
- Game Homepage URL
Industry News Summaries - Q1 2018
- M&A and Internal Investment Deals (37 items)
- Partnerships (14 items)
Regulatory Announcements - Q1 2018
- Overview / Impact
- Announcement Date
- Implementation Date
The Chinese Mobile Gaming Industry Matrix is available either for one-off purchase or on a subscription basis with quarterly updates.
BASE PRICE: US$3,000
For more detailed inquires, you can also contact us via email at email@example.com.