Get the free version of Marbridge Daily delivered to your inbox

Click here to subscribe

Guangdong Mobile Launches WAP Content Filtering System

Information Times, 12/25/07

Guangdong Mobile has joined forces with Guangdong Public Security Office to establish a WAP content filtering system based on image recognition software. The system scans and monitors images and text on free WAP sites, and catches 95% of undesirable content, with the remaining 5% caught by human monitoring. Undesirable content will be referred to the public security authorities and blocked on Guangdong Mobile's networks.

Keywords: Guangdong Mobile China Mobile CHL 0941.HK Guangdong Public Security Office WAP free WAP monitor WVAS wireless


Please note, all fields are required.
None of your personal information will be shared with third parties.



The information contained in this newsletter is based upon sources that Marbridge Consulting believes to be reliable, and we have made every effort to translate the original articles or article excerpts as faithfully as possible. However, Marbridge Consulting makes no warranty of and assumes no legal responsibility for the accuracy of either the original source material or the English language translations.

Marbridge Daily Premium

Interested in gaining full access to all newsletter articles and the Marbridge Daily archive? To learn more about premium subscription options, including pricing, please:

Click here

Marbridge Consulting RSS Feed

Marbridge Reports