To promote the development of TD-SCDMA, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), the Ministry of Finance (MOF), the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC), and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) have drafted a series of 15 financial, project, network construction, product R&D, service application, and industry development support policies. Key elements of the plan included the following:
1) R&D and refinements to the TD-SCDMA industry chain will be added to the list of electronic development fund and integrated circuit fund-supported projects; TD-SCDMA products and applications will be added to the list of government procurement support projects.
2) The approval process for major national TD-SCDMA projects will be accelerated, and TD-SCDMA projects will be added to those supported by innovation and high-tech industry funds.
3) TD-SCDMA network construction will be supported and joint TD-SCDMA construction and resource sharing will be promoted.
4) Efforts for the refinement of and R&D on TD-SCDMA will be stepped up. 25 new HSUPA standards will be drafted within 2009, TD-SCDMA networks will be upgraded to support HSUPA technology, and commercial HSUPA terminals will be provided. At the same time, the government will guide and promote TD-SCDMA service applications.
5) The government will increase frequency resource support for TD-SCDMA, complete network access projects for TD-SCDMA terminals, and research preferential TD-SCDMA accounting policies.
6) The government will guide increased investment of civilian resources into the TD-SCDMA industry, promote the use of TD-SCDMA through upgrades of network technology, and promote the development and adoption of TD-SCDMA software.