Get the free version of Marbridge Daily delivered to your inbox

Click here to subscribe

Aegis Acquires Stake in Chinese Ad Firm, Plans JV

Aegis Group PR, 1/25/10

UK-based marketing communications group Aegis Group has announced that it will extend its operations in China with the acquisition of a 17.7% shareholding in Chinese TV buying and advertising firm Charm Communications. The gross assets of Charm in total are USD 143 mln. In addition, Aegis's Vizeum arm and Charm are establishing a joint venture which will operate as Vizeum China.

Vizeum's China operation will form the initial 40% of the JV's revenues and Charm will transfer local clients to the JV to form the remaining 60%. The shareholder structure of 40% Aegis and 60% Charm will move towards 100% Aegis ownership by 2024 via incremental put and call options.

Charm, established in 1995, is a leading television advertising service provider in China and one of the largest brokers to China Central Television (CCTV).

Keywords: Aegis Group Charm Communications Vizeum China television CCTV JV TV advertising M&A


Please note, all fields are required.
None of your personal information will be shared with third parties.



The information contained in this newsletter is based upon sources that Marbridge Consulting believes to be reliable, and we have made every effort to translate the original articles or article excerpts as faithfully as possible. However, Marbridge Consulting makes no warranty of and assumes no legal responsibility for the accuracy of either the original source material or the English language translations.

Marbridge Daily Premium

Interested in gaining full access to all newsletter articles and the Marbridge Daily archive? To learn more about premium subscription options, including pricing, please:

Click here

Marbridge Consulting RSS Feed

Marbridge Reports