China Electronics News, 10/27/11
At a joint press conference in Beijing on October 21, the Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology and the Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform announced and discussed the municipality's plans for the development of the local software and information service industry during the 12th Five-Year Plan period (2011-2015). Official goals include total revenues of RMB 680 bln for the software and information service industry, exports totaling USD 4.5 bln, and the fostering and development of more than five globally competitive enterprises with operating revenues of more than RMB 10 bln.
The plans call for development in five key areas of Beijing's software and information services industry over the 12th Five-Year Plan period:
1) Establish a new industry chain using information service operation platforms as its core, and the construction of ten major platforms, including smartphones, tablet PCs, and internet televisions, centered around internet, next-generation networks, and converged internet television services.
2) Extend industry chains for IT services centered around systems integration, with the goal of developing IT consulting, solutions development for major industries, and service outsourcing.
3) Increase the penetrative power of the industrial software chain in automotive, modern equipment manufacturing, workflow-centric, and national defense-related industries, and increase marketshare for self-developed industrial software.
4) Further increase technology innovation with particular focus on infrastructure software, data security products and services, and integrated circuit (IC) design.
5) Seize development opportunities in emerging industries, with a focus on fostering growth in next-generation network operations and high-end software.
Keywords: government initiative government support wireless telecom convergence Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform software television IT services Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology 12th Five-Year Plan export revenue