Get the free version of Marbridge Daily delivered to your inbox

Click here to subscribe

Xi'an Unicom Upgrades Broadband Speeds, 12/13/11

According to industry sources, Xi'an Unicom will soon begin upgrading broadband capacity speeds at no added cost, improving users with 1 Mbps, 2 Mbps, or 4 Mbps connections to between 6-10 Mbps. In addition, enterprise clients will now be offered a choice between broadband speeds of 20, 50 or 100 Mbps.

Subscribers with fiber optic connections, who account for over 90% of total users, will be upgraded within the next month. Within 3-4 months, the remaining 10% of Unicom subscribers on standard phone lines will also receive a free speed upgrade.

A spokesperson for Xi'an Unicom has said that approximately 1 mln households in the city will have access to fiber optic broadband by the end of 2011, and that all subscriptions will be for FTTH internet services by the end of the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-2015), with speeds of up to 100 Mbps for household subscribers and 10 Gbps for enterprise subscribers.

Keywords: China Unicom connection speed broadband telecom 12th Five-Year Plan 0762.HK 600050.SH CHU fiber optics corporate user FTTH


Please note, all fields are required.
None of your personal information will be shared with third parties.



The information contained in this newsletter is based upon sources that Marbridge Consulting believes to be reliable, and we have made every effort to translate the original articles or article excerpts as faithfully as possible. However, Marbridge Consulting makes no warranty of and assumes no legal responsibility for the accuracy of either the original source material or the English language translations.

Marbridge Daily Premium

Interested in gaining full access to all newsletter articles and the Marbridge Daily archive? To learn more about premium subscription options, including pricing, please:

Click here

Marbridge Consulting RSS Feed

Marbridge Reports