Get the free version of Marbridge Daily delivered to your inbox

Click here to subscribe, iFlytek to Form Smart Home Products JV

iFlytek, 3/04/15

Beijing-based B2C e-commerce platform (Nasdaq: JD) and Chinese voice recognition software firm iFlytek (002230.SZ) plan to form a joint venture focused on the development of smart home products, according to a press release issued today by iFlytek.

According to the agreement signed by the two companies, iFlytek will contribute RMB 82.5 mln, or 55% of the new JV's total registered capital, and will put in RMB 67.5 mln for the remaining 45%.

iFlytek says it holds roughly 70% of China's voice recognition software market, and counts Tencent's (0700.HK) Mobile QQ instant messaging service and Sina's (Nasdaq: SINA) Weibo (Nasdaq: WB) microblogging service among the major platforms using its technology., which boasted 96.6 mln active customer accounts by the end of 2014, will bring its strong distribution channels to the JV, and will assist in product design. iFlytek will provide its technology solutions.

Editor's Note: According to Chinese news agency Xinhua, Taiwan's Topology Research Institute estimates that the value of China's smart home market reached USD 3.8 bln in 2014, and forecasts that it will grow 26% to reach USD 4.8 bln in 2015.

Keywords: smart appliance hardware JV iFlytek 002230.SZ voice recognition JD


Please note, all fields are required.
None of your personal information will be shared with third parties.



The information contained in this newsletter is based upon sources that Marbridge Consulting believes to be reliable, and we have made every effort to translate the original articles or article excerpts as faithfully as possible. However, Marbridge Consulting makes no warranty of and assumes no legal responsibility for the accuracy of either the original source material or the English language translations.

Marbridge Daily Premium

Interested in gaining full access to all newsletter articles and the Marbridge Daily archive? To learn more about premium subscription options, including pricing, please:

Click here

Marbridge Consulting RSS Feed

Marbridge Reports