Chinese Paid Search Report - Q3 2013
Based on extensive interviews with an established panel of top search engine marketing professionals, empirical research of the major Chinese search engines' new platforms and features, and Marbridge's daily coverage of Chinese search-related news and announcements, Marbridge's Quarterly Chinese Paid Search Survey Report helps readers understand where China's paid search market is heading and which search engines are best positioned to gain traffic and revenue market share.
The Q3 2013 issue of the report - released October 28, 2013 - examines Qihoo 360's steady climb in search query share and new initiatives for increasing both traffic and revenue share, Baidu's strategies to maintain market share and better monetize mobile search traffic, and Sogou and Tencent's growth prospects after the September merger of their search platforms. A partial selection of featured topics includes:
- Qihoo Search Platform Development - Detailed explanation of the new, often "unconventional" traffic acquisition strategies, search products, and partnerships Qihoo 360 has developed during the quarter, and Marbridge's estimate of how much query share Qihoo can achieve.
- Qihoo Search Monetization - Overview of Qihoo 360's progress in attracting new search advertisers and boosting pricing, including paid campaign performance feedback, and hurdles preventing greater acceleration in these areas.
- Baidu Mobile Initiatives - Assessment of Baidu's development efforts in the mobile internet sector, with particular focus on strategies for driving heavier advertiser spend on mobile search.
- Baidu Strategy for Healthcare Industry Advertisers - Examination of measures Baidu has taken to mitigate the risks of another regulatory crackdown on its top industry segment.
- Sogou-Soso Search Merger - Analysis of how Tencent's USD 448 mln investment and injection of select Tencent (Soso) search assets in Sogou will benefit both Tencent and Sogou.
- Advertiser Spending Trends - Advertiser Q3 2013 spending trends and Q4 2013 spending forecasts by search engine.
- Weibo and WeChat as Alternatives to SEM - Analysis of how Sina Weibo's in-feed microblogging ads are performing and how Weibo and Tencent's WeChat stack up as alternatives to search engine marketing.
This report is available ONLY as part of an annual subscription to Marbridge’s Chinese Paid Search Industry Advisory Service. For more details on this service, including pricing, please fill in the fields below and we will contact you within one business day with additional information.
For more detailed inquires, you can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.