Sina Tech, 6/04/08
Chinese e-commerce and online search firm Alibaba has confirmed that it plans to merge China Yahoo with Chinese local search website Koubei, with the future focus of the merged company to be on local services-based e-commerce, social networking and communications.
China Yahoo's local services platform has already been launched, and personnel changes have been announced. According to inside sources, this is just the beginning of the integration and the full platform will be introduced shortly.
Personnel appointments at the new Yahoo-Koubei company include:
- Former China Yahoo president, Jin Jiankang, will serve as president
- Former Koubei general manager, Li Zhiguo, will serve as senior director of commercial operations
- Former China Yahoo senior director of community operations, Wu Qian, will continue as senior director of community operations
- Former China Yahoo VP of email, Shen Jianming, will serve as VP of communications
- Former China Yahoo director of market relations and business development, Li Jing, will serve as director of marketing.